VESDA Smoke Detection Systems
- Ethernet and WIFI connectivity, USB for PC communication.
- Backward compatible with VLP.
- Flair detection technology.
- Multi stage filtration and optical protection.
- LCD icon display, with instant information for
- On-board filter retains dust count and remaining filter life for
- Gas detection and environmental monitoring.
- Continuous monitoring with high sensitivity.
- Local and remote monitoring and control.
- Easy maintenance.
VESDA “Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus”. It is a specialized air sampling smoke detection system used to detect smoke at an early stage, before a fire actually occurs. The system works by constantly drawing air samples into a network of pipes, which are then analyzed for the presence of smoke particles using a laser-based technology.
VESDA systems are highly sensitive, able to detect smoke particles in concentrations as low as 0.001% obscuration per meter. They are also able to differentiate between smoke particles and other types of airborne contaminants, such as dust and moisture, which helps to reduce false alarms.
Top manufacturers of VESDA are Honeywell and Xtralis.
- Data centers and server rooms.
- Warehouses and storage facilities.
- Manufacturing plants.
- Hospitals and healthcare facilities.
- Museums and art galleries.
- Transportation hubs.
- Power generation facilities.
Standards and Certifications
- UL 268
- ISO 7240
- FM Global
- CE Marked